Wednesday, July 27, 2011

September 1, 2011

I can't believe how 9/1/11 is coming. It is a little nerve-wrecking.

I guess I should explain.

9/1/11 is the 1 year anniversary of my divorce being final, but more than that, 
it is the day I can officially start dating again.

 I started working on myself and making positive changes in my life back when I was still married, but I haven't spent a lot of time getting to know who I am again. I knew that I didn't want to just jump into another relationship. It wouldn't be fair to me or the person I was dating. Then one day, I was listening to a sermon by Andy Stanley at North Point Church (The New Rules for Love, Sex and Dating: The Right Person Myth), when I heard him say it is not about finding the right person, but when you do find the right person, will you be the type of person they are looking for? WOW! I have very high standards this time around and I want to be the person that I am looking for is looking for. So, (even though time had already started to pass) I made a vow to not date for one year so I could become that person. 

Single friends, please listen to it!!!!

So, now I am coming up on 9/1/11, and I am excited and cared at the same time. 
Am I that person? Do I know myself enough? Do I remember how to date? How to flirt? How to kiss? Online dating? Where do I even begin to meet someone? 

Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment