Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My Big News

I have a new job! Okay, a promotion within my current company, but a new department and a big raise!

I interviewed four times and signed my offer letter today. I will be the Associate Proposal Writer and the company's only proposal writer.

The pay isn't as awesome as I want, but all greed aside, I am so content with it. I have been out of the workforce for a long time and really haven't used my degree until now. The pay is right where it should be.

I am really proud of myself and I am not afraid to say it. In the past two years i started as a stay at home mom, I left my home in AZ, got divorced, quit my job, moved in with my parents, started a temp job, was hired full time (bottom on the food chain) and am now going to be writing and managing proposals and RFPs for fortune 100 and 500 companies. my company is also willing to pay for me to get some design training to work with marketing.

All the while, I have stayed true to who I am and what I believe. I am surviving as a single mom and feel like surviving may turn to thriving soon.

I will be able to spill the rest in another month or so. Nothing to do with my job though.

I am so thankful for the path I am on and for the blessings that have come from God.

To top it all off, my sister may have an awesome new job soon too. She should know soon!!!

Thank you to everyone for your support and encouragement.




1 comment:

  1. YAY !!! I am ridiculously proud of you! And when your boys grow up and understand what an amazing woman and mother you have been throughout everything, they will be so proud of you too!

    ReplyDelete