Monday, August 22, 2011

Making time for what matters

So, I am on this "diet." Not really a diet, but, a "diet." I am trying to eat less, smaller portions, more often, drink tons of water and workout. The weekends don't count on my "diet." So, today being Monday, was "diet" day again.

Did I fail?

Yes.

Was it worth it?

ABSOLUTELY!!!

How often do I get to have dinner with one of my longest and bestest friends (who happens to live 3,000 miles away) at one of our favorite resturants in one of our favorite cities? Ummmm....it hasn't happened in over four years!

So, I skipped the gym tonight and splurged on Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo and Garlic Bread from Sonny's in San Clemente. Sonny's is a small family owned Italian restaurant that is out of this world!!! It is a must-go-to spot for tourists coming to this small beach town, and a place where locals frequent on almost a weekly basis. Priced reasonably and tastes homemade (well, because it is.)

We topped it off with a short walk and some Baskin-Robbins ice cream.

No matter what kind of diet I am on, there is not much that is worth more than spending time with a great friend and great food - sharing laughter, memories and dreams about her moving back here!

No comments:

Post a Comment