Sunday, February 19, 2012

Zucchini's on top

"Mom, why are they singing about zucchini's?" ~ Ryan

I am a very conservative person, and over the past few years I have chosen to listen to mostly worship music or music without sex, alcohol, drugs and cursing.  But every once in a while, I enjoy a bit of JT, Britney, Pink etc. It brings back a lot of memories and it's fun to dance to. 

I also like a bit of Katy Perry (ssshhhhh...).

So when my son asked why Katy Perry was singing about zucchini's I just said "I don't know" and changed the song. I guess my soon-to-be 4-year-old is getting too old and too smart. 

I am publicly apologizing to Katy - it can only be you and I when we meet again. My boys don't need to know about "Daisy Dukes" and "bikini's on top" yet. Society will teach them sooner than they need to know all on it's own. 

Us "California Girls" are pretty unforgettable though...

California girls we're unforgettable
Daisy Dukes, zucchini's on top...

post signature






No comments:

Post a Comment